- 1 lb. large shrimp
- 1/2 lb butter (2 sticks)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3–4 T dry white wine
- 2 tsp. lemon juice (fresh, if possible)
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse shrimp and set aside. If shrimp is not peeled & deveined, do that now.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat until melted.
- Saute garlic 1-2 minutes or until softened but not browned.
- Add ingredients, one-at-a-time, allowing each to cook for 5 minutes between them: wine, onion, lemon – use more or less to taste. (In other words, add wine, cook 5 minutes, then add onion, cook 5 more minutes, etc.)
- Simmer on very low heat. Saute for 15 minutes, until achieving desired taste.
- Add shrimp. Cook until shrimp are pink and firm (1 minute one one side, then flip shrimp and cook another minute (for uncooked shrimp… less for cooked shrimp).
- Add chopped parsley and salt & pepper before serving.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs if desired.
- Category: Seafood
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp, shellfish, seafood, wine, butter