Homemade ice cream is a favorite at my house! Whether you want the full ice-cream maker experience or you just want a quick treat (or don’t have a machine), you can score with this sweet treat your whole family will love.
- 1 – 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream (1 pint)
- 1 package chocolate pudding
- Pre-freeze your ice cream maker’s bowl (overnight, or 24 hours if you have time). Check your’s instructions for best results. Assemble your ice cream maker.
- Add ingredients to a bowl and mix well, or if possible mix in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the ice-cream maker’s frozen bowl and turn it on. Follow directions for your machine for how long to churn.
- I recommend serving immediately for the best soft-serve consistency. But, you can also freeze in a freezer-safe container for a few hours. Then, let it thaw a few minutes before scooping it out to serve.
No Churn Method:
- Follow steps above, but instead of churning in an ice cream machine, put in a freezer-safe container instead. Freeze for 5+ hours. Remove from freezer and allow to stand for 2-3 minutes. Then, scoop up and serve.