Easy Hard Boiled Egg Recipe ~ Perfect Hardboiled Eggs Every Time
Making hard boiled eggs is easy, and takes only a few minutes. Be cautious of eating too many egg yolks (the yellow inner part) because they’re high in cholesterol. Whether or not cholesterol is good for you or bad for you, too much is not good. My doctor told me no more than 3 egg yolks per week. Consult with your own doctor to find out what’s best for you.
Easy/Hard boiled? Sounds like an oxymoron. LOL! But there’s nothing redundant about eggs! Hard boiled eggs are naturally rich in iron and high in protein. They make a great after-school snack or use in salads, or eat solo for breakfast. You can hard boil a dozen eggs and color them for Easter eggs! Hide them in your house or lawn and have a fun Easter egg hunt on the cheap. You can also hard boil eggs, remove the yolk, mix in a few spices and mayo then replace to make deviled eggs. Yum!
Like it? Pin it or REPIN it!Print
- 1 1/2 Cups Cake Mix (It can be Birthday Cake mix, Yellow Cake mix, or even Funfetti Cake Mix)
- 5 1/2 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 1/2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sprinkles
- In a large container combine the powdered sugar and cake mix and then set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. Follow the instructions the chips came with, or if did not come with any, place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. After you heat them for 1 minute, mix and then heat again in 15 second intervals,stirring after each time, until the chocolate chips are all melted
- Add the Chex cereal to the melted chocolate, or if you find it easier to just pour the melted chocolate over the cereal, do that. Stir gently, getting all of the cereal coated with the white chocolate. Once you have all the cereal coated, add the sprinkles.
- Add the cereal that you just coated with melted white chocolate and sprinkles to the large container with the powdered sugar/cake mix. Put the lid on the container and shake it to get the cereal coated with the powdered sugar/cake mix. (Note: You can also do this with a ziplock bag if you prefer. Just add the chex that has been coated with the chocolate to a ziplock with the sugar/cake mix and shake it).
- Once you’ve coated the Chex evenly, you’re done. Enjoy!
- You can store extra puppy chow in a container or ziplock bag.