Sour Cream & Chives Cucumber Bites Recipe
Perfect after-school snack idea! Cucumbers are low in calories and high in good stuff. And, if you’re like me you have tons of cukes from your garden right now! They’re low-cost at the grocery store too. yay!
You can purchase low-fat or low-calorie sour cream if you prefer. I like to limit serving size and go for the good stuff, myself. 🙂 Whatever you do, this is a great way to get veggies in, and curb hunger between meals. You can even make this in a clean-eating and low-carb way to suit any diet plan! If you don’t feel like going to the effort to make the dressing, you could opt for creamy ranch dressing instead. Yum!
I love Top the Tater (see my Top the Tater recipe) in this, but there are lots of options besides that. You can mix a dry ranch dressing mix into sour cream (1 pack per 16 oz or a half pack for 8 oz), or use a pre-made chip dip. Just go easy on the dressing to keep this a healthy snack.
- Cucumber, partially peeled, cut into thick rounds and seeds removed
- Carrots, peeled, cut lengthwise (I used baby carrots)
- Top the Tater, or Sour Cream and Chives, or Ranch Dressing
- Prepare cucumber by peeling whole, or peel stripes.
- Cut into thick rounds, remove seeds (I used an apple corer but a spoon works fine)
- Cut carrots into small pieces
- Spoon filling into hole in cuke, add carrot garnish