Queso Dip: Cheese Dip with Beer & Sausage Recipe
This is a fantastic recipe, that’s super easy and tasty. It’s robust flavor is perfect for the Super Bowl or any game day appetizer! This is the perfect snack recipe that you and your guests will love!
Serving suggestion: This delectable app should be served warm. You can serve with sliced Smoked Sausage (cook separately), or over chips as a Nacho cheese appetizer. Beer cheese dip is also great as a vegetable dip, and it’s amazing on pretzels! You can make the big soft pretzels or even the little crunchy pretzels.
Which beer to use in Beer Cheese dip? Depending on the beer you choose, you can totally change the taste of this dip! In a recipe like this, I prefer to use a lighter-tasting beer. (And I don’t mean light beer in respect to calories, I mean a light-tasting beer in respect to the taste. Of course it’s perfectly fine to use a lower-calorie light beer!) For a lighter taste, look for lager. Most commercially sold American-Style Light Lager beer (Coors, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Budweiser, Bud Light, etc.) would be great to use in this recipe (and they’re usually cheaper!) I admit, I often cook with cheap beer, because it’s better than drinking it! (lol!) Ales are generally more robust-tasting, are more fruity and aromatic and can be bitter (Bass, Sierra Nevada, Newcastle, etc.) Don’t get me wrong, Cheddar and Ale dip is fantastic too. I just want you to be aware of which to use depending on the taste you want to achieve. One last note: Stout beers are probably too heavy for this. But, if you try and love it, please let me know in comments!
- 1 (12 oz) bottle or can of beer or ale
- 1.5 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons white flour
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa of choice (e.g. Pace)
- 1 package smoked sausage
- In saucepan, heat beer to simmering.
- In a separate bowl, mix cheese and flour.
- Add cheddar cheese mixture and cream cheese to pan, stir.
- When cheese is completely melted, remove from heat.
- Stir in salsa, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with smoked sausage or over tortilla chips.
- Optionally, add pepper sauce (e.g. Tobasco) to spice it up!