Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream Pudding ~ Only 3 Ingredients! |
I love homemade ice cream, but I hate how much work it is to make it!! I can honestly say this is the easiest ice cream ever. If you want vanilla, it’s just two ingredients! Chocolate adds one more. Quick, easy, and sooooo yummy!
The idea struck me to use dry instant pudding mix when ransacking my cupboard and not finding anything else that looked good. We had chocolate ice cream in the freezer, but that’s no fun. I wanted to make dessert with my little girl. Editor’s note: even though it literally took two minutes to mix up a batch, she still bailed on me. Ha, joke’s on her! I didn’t share. 😛
I used my KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment because I have one, and I love it. No rock salt or anything needed with it. It’s pretty easy to use. I also like to do things with reckless abandon, so I didn’t look up how to actually use it. I did read the manual the first time, but that was at least a year ago and I can’t remember what I did this morning. So, yeah, you should check your own ice cream maker’s manual for best results.
As for the value, the pudding package has a tag on it that says 49¢ and the sweetened condensed milk was 69¢ (off brand, probably from a “crash and dent” grocery store). If you add in the milk, I still spent well under $1.50 for the whole pint of ice cream. This stuff is better than Talenti which costs about $6 per pint!
- 2 cups milk (I used skim milk, but whipping cream, whole milk or 2% would work much better)
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 package chocolate flavored dry pudding mix
- Add all ingredients to bowl, stand mixer or ice cream maker and mix very well on medium-high setting for 8 minutes (approx.) until thoroughly mixed.
- Place in container and put in freezer to set.